The Water Department is responsible for the production and distribution of water throughout the community and includes the maintenance of:
- Booster pumps
- Storage tanks
- Treatment plants
- Waste-water collection lines
- Water meters
- Water wells
- You can fill out an application by visiting City Hall at 200 Rusk Street.
- You will need to bring a driver's license.
- The residential deposit is $175. A business deposit varies - it is a minimum of $200.
- A signed rental or lease agreement required if not purchasing a home.
The City’s water originates from Lake Bob Sandlin and seven deep-water wells. The water from Lake Bob Sandlin is treated by Northeast Texas Municipal Water District and is then blended with the treated water from the city’s seven deep-water wells that then provide metered water service and fire protection to the City’s residents.
Water Quality Reports
Take a look at our annual drinking water reports in our Archive Center.